Nexomics offers an exciting and fast pace work environment.
Research Scientist - Protein Sciences
Job Code: NEX-003-22
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research/Senior Scientist in protein expression, purification and characterization. The role will entail protein expression and purification using a variety of cell culture systems, characterization, and evaluation. The candidate should have enthusiasm, strong communication skills, willingness to learn, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, maturity, team oriented, and strong commitment and motivation for personal growth and continual improvement. As a team member in the Biochemistry and Lead Discovery Group, the candidate will play an important role in the drug discovery process by producing and characterizing different target proteins of interest.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design expression vectors for bacterial, yeast protein expression
- Express and purify tagged or native proteins for biochemical assay development, biophysical and structural characterization
- Follow and prepare SOPs
- Maintenance of laboratory records, protocols and summaries
- Contribution to laboratory organization and maintenance
- PhD/MS with experience in protein expression, purification and characterization
- Purify tagged and native proteins using AKTA systems and classic column chromatography (affinity, IEX, gel filtration)
- Characterize purified proteins using different analytical techniques (SDS-PAGE, Western blot, LC/MS)
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Proven ability to work independently and design experiments, troubleshoot, interpret and report data
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organization skills are critical
- Collaborative and proactive attitude with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Design bacterial and yeast expression vectors, protein expression
- Experience with protein expression in insect or other eukaryotic vectors
- Experience with protein crystallization
- Experience with LC/Mass Spec sample preparation and/or data analysis
Nexomics Biosciences Inc.is a privately-held, biological discovery contract research organization (CRO) whose sole mission is to give our clients high quality samples and data to enable their research. At Nexomics, we give our customers a competitive advantage in the drug discovery process by using experience and ideas developed from large-scale structural genomics research.
Interested candidates may forward a CV to email@example.com
We invite you send your resume/CV and introduce yourself.
Check back soon for available careers.